Monday 21 May 2012

Family of 12 Tour Part 2

      I apologize again for the delay in posts but with Harvest in full swing I didn't had any time to do anything other than work, eat, and sleep. But now that the harvest has finished I have some time to tell some stories.
      After Ata Rangi, we headed into Wellington. We pulled into Wellington and the weather was windy, cloudy, and a bit dreary, but the city looked like a fun place so our spirits were still high.
We drove around the city center for a little while looking for parking, David got quite frustrated, it was entertaining for Eduoard and me. Once we found parking, we found our hotel and checked in. The hotel was a high rise and turned out to be quite nice.
Once settled in, we decided we would go explore the city for a few hours before cleaning up for the night. Wellington is a fairly big city that seems to have a lot of character, and I am once again sad to say my camera was still malfunctioning at this point. But don't worry because that is the last time I will say that. After exploring a bit we decided to head up to the hotel to shower and get ready for the evening.
         We departed the hotel after cleaning up and headed to dinner at a highly recommended restaurant called Matterhorn. There we had a fantastic dinner and drinks. The place was cool because from the outside it looks like nothing was there, but then you walk down a long down a long corridor to reach a large bustling restaurant that was very dimly lit. It felt like we entered a different world for a minute. From what I remember I had a nice steak with potatoes and greens, a meal/experience I highly recommend to anyone traveling in Wellington. After our meal we headed out to the street to find a cool bar to hang out at for the rest of the night. 
      We found a place pretty quickly that had a large upstairs and lots of pool (billiards) tables. We then quickly found out it was student night and that there were plenty of other young people out as well. We enjoyed a fun night of drinks and pool, during which I ran into some people who were from California. They were there to play water polo and knew one of my best friends who I played water polo with in high school. I was one of those small world moments that just sort of amazes you at the time.
       The next morning we had to get up early to catch the morning ferry to the south island. It was once again dreary and windy but at least I have some pictures this time.


















No comments:

Post a Comment